Assembly Technician (Full-Time)
- Utilize wiring diagrams, layout drawings, parts lists, other documentation, and a variety of tools to assemble subassemblies / full gauges.
- Cut, strip, and solder wires to create necessary connections within the gauge.
- Test subassemblies as necessary to ensure electromechanical components operate smoothly in concert with gear trains, pointers, etc.
- Consult with the in-house machine shop in the event the subassemblies / unit will not operate smoothly without modification of existing parts.
- Consult with the calibration technician / senior production staff to ensure that calibration of key components is considered throughout the assembly process.
Potential Opportunities / Responsibilities:
- Create documentation on assembly / subassembly work for faster and smoother future execution of duties.
- Edit / create CAD files as necessary to document new parts or modifications.
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Ideally, the candidate would have some background in or basic understanding of electronics, although full training could be provided
- Ideally, the candidate would be good with his/her hands and familiar with using various tools
- Ideally, the candidate would have experience assembling instrumentation intended for aircraft / flight simulators
Components Typically Utilized:
- Synchros (transmitters, receivers), resolvers, potentiometers, motors, gearheads, circuit boards [integrated circuit chips, microcontrollers], gear trains (collars, pinions, split gears, shafts, bearings, etc.), switches, light bulbs, etc.
- Health Insurance